Should you have inquiries, contact us 662-283-4781

woman talking to a man


Programs that address community needs


The Community Service Block Grant and Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) operated under the auspices of Central Mississippi Inc.

Community Service Block Grant (CSBG)

CSBG funds provide services and activities to help clients acquire meaningful employment, obtain and maintain adequate housing, health, and nutrition services, and access community resources and transportation. Some of its services include:

  • Job Training and Assistance
  • Education Assistance
  • Emergency Financial Assistance
  • Health Care Assistance
  • Housing Assistance
  • Nutritional Assistance
  • Employment Financial Assistance
  • Income Management Services

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

LIHEAP provides financial assistance to eligible households to assist with home energy bills and other energy-related services. Households may qualify for regular LIHEAP assistance and/or the emergency Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) for natural gas, wood, electricity, and propane/butane gas, and other energy-related services.

Who is eligible?

All programs offered at CMI are for Mississippi residents within the seven-county service area only. For individuals seeking services within the CSBG Program, the total household income must fall within 125% of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines. For individuals seeking services within the LIHEAP Program, the total household income must fall within 60% of the State Median Income. Income is based on the last 30-day period at the time of the submission of their application.

How to Apply

Mississippi residents may apply online through the Common Web Portal at

Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or an emancipated minor and reside in one of CMI’s seven counties of service areas.

Items Needed

  • Photo ID of everyone 18 years or older
  • Social Security Cards of everyone in the household
  • Verification of Income (Wage, Self-Employment, Social Security, SSI, Pension, etc.)
  • Proof of Mississippi Residence (deed, rental statement, etc.)
  • Light and Gas Bill (Must be in the Head of Household Name or the Spouse)

Support Us Today

For more inquiries about our events and activities, don’t hesitate to contact us. Want to support our advocacy? You can send your donations here.